Call for Poster Abstracts - 2018 Conference
The South Florida Council of Advanced Practice Nurses (SFCAPN) welcomes the submission of abstracts for poster presentation at the 2018 Primary Care Conference at Tropical Acres in Davie, Florida. The conference will be held on September 15, 2018.
Deadline for abstract submission August 1, 2018
Notification of acceptance or rejection of submitted abstracts will be sent to the corresponding authors via email by August 15, 2018. Full instructions concerning preparation and presentation will be included.
In order to standardize the abstract layout, we kindly ask you to read the guidelines carefully.
Guidelines for preparation of abstracts
- Abstracts may only be submitted via email to email@example.com. Please type SFCAPN Abstract in the subject line.
- Abstracts must be submitted in English.
- The presenting author of an accepted abstract mustregister and attend the conference.
- Poster presenters must be present and stand by their posters during poster sessions.
- Abstracts should contain only original material not published or presented elsewhere prior to May 5, 2018.
- Provide a short specific title indicating the nature of the study. The background and goals of the study should appear clearly to the reader. The methods and results must contain data, and the conclusions should be clearly expressed.
- The abstract text may not be longer than 300 words.
- All abbreviations must be defined the first time they appear in your text (but, do not define in the title).
Example: Multiple Sclerosis Impact Scale (MSIS), before being used as an abbreviation only.
- Use generic drug names.
- Tables, charts or other graphics may not be included and will be deleted by the editors.
- Disclosure of conflict of interest (e.g. grant support, consultancy, membership on advisory councils, speaker’s bureau) by all authors and source of funding are mandatory. Each listed author should prepare a one sentence statement to this effect.
- Please make sure to state your correct e-mail After having submitted your abstract, you will receive a confirmation by e-mail with the following information:
- reference number of your abstract (for correspondence and questions that might arise)
- Corrections to abstracts can only be made up to the deadline of April 27, 2018.